[Reviews - 0] Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: Star Trek Voyager and its characters belong to Paramount.

Base for this story: Transcript of the episode „Equinox, Part II“     

Idea and story: Kathryn J (= KathrynJonVoy)

Rating: PG 13

Genre: Romance

Beta Reading: Joywriter – Thanks so much for correcting my awful English! Without you this story would be available only in German!

Kathryn J.

Crossing The Line

 

[Bridge]

 

JANEWAY: How's the crew?

CHAKOTAY: A lot of frayed nerves. Neelix is organizing a potluck to help boost morale.

JANEWAY: Will I see you there?

CHAKOTAY: I'm replicating the salad.

JANEWAY: I'll bring the croutons. Chakotay. You know, you may have had good reason to stage a little mutiny of your own.

CHAKOTAY: The thought had occurred to me, but that would have been crossing the line.

JANEWAY (picks up the tablet off the floor): Will you look at that. All these years, all these battles, this thing's never fallen down before.

CHAKOTAY: Let's put it back up where it belongs.

 

Chakotay took the tablet from his Captain, thoroughly studying her face. Her incredible blue eyes were filled with concern and sadness. They seemed a little bit more moist than usual, and he felt that Kathryn was holding something back, buried inside her. Her desperate gaze seemed to look into his heart, and Chakotay felt the very urge to say something but didn’t know what was right, now and here.

Slowly he turned away with the tablet in his hands, looking for a tool to put it back up to its place.

Janeways eyes followed him shortly, than she stared at the now empty place of the tablet on the wall.

After some steps Chakotay suddenly stopped and walked back to Janeway.

Cautiously he cast a quick glance over his shoulder at the crewmembers working on the bridge. All hands were busy with repairing the damaged systems after the battle with the EQUINOX; no one took any notice of the commanding duo standing in a quiet corner near the exit of the bridge.

Moving closer to Janeway, Chakotay pushed back slightly, further into the empty floor. Their eyes locked.

“Kathryn, you know I’ve never crossed a line you’ve drawn, neither on New Earth nor on VOYAGER. No matter what I thought or wanted,” he said in a low voice, each word carefully chosen. “But this time… I’m sorry…,” he paused and Janeway’s glare turned into a startled look before it was quickly hidden behind an icy mask again. “…this time… before we hang this tablet back up where it belongs, I have to cross a line and put this,” he pointed a finger at his mouth, “where it belongs...” He slowly bent down and kissed her slightly on her lips. “Despite of all our disagreements I was and I will always be loyal to you... because… I love you, Kathryn.”

She stared at him speechless and with shocked surprise. Then her icy mask shattered under his love filled gaze, and a tear was running down her cheek.

“I love you too, Chakotay,” Kathryn managed to reply after some seconds, in that husky voice of hers. She leaned her forehead against his chest, and he draped an arm around her, his other hand coming up to stroke her hair gently. “I know, Kathryn, I know,” Chakotay whispered in her hair, feeling the warmth of her body close to his. “What about joining me in my quarters after Neelix' potluck?”

Janeway nodded slightly, her head against his chest unable to say something. Then she finally looked up to him and started smiling through her tears.

But Chakotay lovingly wiped her tears away and kissed her again, but more passionately than before.

 

The End