[Reviews - 0] Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A response to CaptKJaneway's challenge at VAMB who asked for a drabble starting with the following sentence:

'It's always in the last place you look'

This hasn't been beta read, so I apologize for mistakes in advance.

Solitude

 

‘It's always in the last place you look,' Tom thought, stepping from the balcony into the garden.

 

Somewhere between the third and fourth speech the command team had decided to flee the banquet that was being held in their honours. And Tom couldn't blame them; this whole circus of them all being home was beginning to tire him too. Still it was his job to find them before his father would get a nervous break down.

 

Rounding another corner he stopped in his tracks upon spotting the missing couple. He took another step forward but paused again, a soft smile playing around his lips. Eventually he shook his head and silently retraced his steps back to the banquet hall.

 

It seemed that the Admiralty, his father and the press would've to wait some more moments before fastening yet another medal onto their Golden Girl's uniform.

 

Stepping inside, his father's searching eyes found his at once. For a second Tom was sorry for his old man, as he indicated by shaking his head that he hadn't found them. That moment passed though as soon as it had come, and he gave a silent salute to the couple outside ‘Welcome home Kathryn.'

 

 

 

The end

Chapter End Notes:

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.