[Reviews - 4] Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

 

She stands in front of the mirror with a critical eye. Not bad for a woman her age, breasts still firm and only the slight roundness to her belly, proof of their love, of the two children she’d borne him. Slipping on her nightgown she sat and brushed her long red hair with steady strokes. Her mind wanders to his homecoming, in a few minutes. He will beam in, his smile a ray of sunshine then walk into their bedroom and move her hair to one side as he kisses the nape of her neck. She knew how she’d react, she could feel it in the warmth already pooling in her belly. She could hear his voice whisper her name, the rich baritone making it a caress. He would tell her he’d missed her and he loved her. She’d turn and slip her arms around his neck and move her face up to his for a kiss. She could almost feel his breath on her cheek and just the thought of his taste made her lightheaded. He would slip a finger around the straps of her nightgown and slide it down. She could see the look in his eyes, so familiar after all those years-that look of passion that would darken his eyes. His fingers would trace the curves and he’d bend his head to her breast. She shivered, her skin sensitive, any minute now.

The doorbell rang breaking the spell. Who could it be at this time of the night? Fear wraps around her, replacing the earlier thoughts of his comforting arms.

Opening the door she saw two officers there. And she knew.

“Mrs. Janeway?”

He would never be home again.

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

 

 

Just in case-story was about Gretchen and Edward.